FIXED INCOME ANNUITIES
It is important that you understand the differences among various annuities so that you can select the kind that best suits your needs. An Annuity is a contract in which an insurance company makes a series of income payments at regular intervals in return for a premium or premiums you have paid.
Annuities are most often purchased for future retirement income. Only an annuity can pay an income that can be guaranteed to last as long as you live.
Things to Know:
• Is this a single premium or multiple premium annuity?
• Is this an immediate or deferred annuity?
• Is this a fixed or variable annuity?
• Is this an equity indexed annuity?
• What is the initial interest rate and how long is it guaranteed?
• Are there any penalties or fees associated with an annuity?
• Can I transfer an existing retirement plan into an annuity?
• Is there a bonus associated with establishing an annuity?
• Is this the right time for me to purchase annuity?
As economic insecurity lingers, some experts are seeing annuities as a product that can deliver the kind of guaranteed monthly paycheck whether good times or bad times